It’s time again for my kinda-annual cookie exchange. Last year we skipped it, with Ron having a heart attack two weeks before Christmas. But not this year! 🙂
For those that are new to this cookie exchange idea…
- You make a whole lot of one kind of cookies…8 dozen total. It’s not that hard really, because lots of cookie recipes are for multiple dozens.
- You’ll go home with the same number of cookies that you made – only it will be a giant wonderful variety of cookies – 2 or 3 from each person who attends.
- We really hope for homemade, but if time simply doesn’t permit, get some fancy ones at the store. (Since we’re trading and some people are going to some pretty big efforts!)
- I’ll have food there to snack on – something not-sweet since we’ll be surrounded by cookies!
- One dozen (of your 8) will be for sampling at the party and in the contest. The other seven dozen will be arranged however you like (on a platter or big basket from your house). These will be the cookies we all share and take home with us.
Our Tasting Contest
Each person will have a little spot to put a couple of cookies – probably just pieces so we can taste without having to eat 14 cookies! (Not that I *can’t* eat 14 cookies, but… 😉 ) Everyone will be given a scorecard, so they can mark their favorites.
Our Prettiest Cookie Contest
We’ll have all the platters of cookies together so we can see what they look like!
Now’s your chance to show off! 🙂
For those of you who live far away – I’m so sorry you can’t make it for our Cookie Exchange. Maybe you could host one of your own and we could Skype! How fun! A chain of cookie exchanges on the Eve of the Eve!
For those of you who are local, come on out! Be sure to RSVP so I know how many tables to set up!